2 out of 3 banned Sri Lanka players planning to play cricket in USA: Reports

Sri Lanka Cricket banned Kusal Mendis, Niroshan Dickwella and Danushka Gunathilaka for violating bio-bubble in England.

Sri Lanka cricket players drew praises from every nook and corner of the cricket fraternity after beating Team India in the T20I series. Despite losing the first T20I, they came from behind to win the series by 2-1. Wanindu Hasaranga was the emerging player of the series.

Meanwhile, in the latest development, three Sri Lankan players are planning to play cricket in USA. The three cricketers are none other than Kusal Mendis, Niroshan Dickwella and Danushka Gunathilaka. Earlier, Sri Lanka Cricket Board (SLC) banned these 3 cricketers for violating the bio-bubble in England.

Advertisement

Sri Lankan trio was seen having fun outside the bio-bubble late-night ahead of the ODI series. The picture and video clip of the same spread like wildfire on social media. Soon after that, the trio flew back home.

Upon investigation, the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) slapped them with a one-year ban and heavy fine. Meanwhile, two out of these three players have decided to leave for the USA to resume their cricket careers. But their names are not known as of now.

Meanwhile, one of them reportedly made the call to leave the country last week itself. Now one more cricketer has joined him. As per a report by Sunday Morning Sports, the sources add that two cricketers are planning to take part in the USA to play cricket for 3 years.

Advertisement

2 Sri Lankan players to earn $125,000 per year

It is said that these cricketers will be earning as many as $125,000 per year during the three years. The report further added that the players have got the support of a legendary player to feature in the USA cricketing action.

“The said arrangement is to play for the U.S.A. for $ 125,000 per year, for three years. In his inquiry, the player was proved to lie to the disciplinary committee on a fatal accident that he had committed some time ago. Now he is trying to take on the SLC CEO over his punishment.

“This legend is a good pal of the player-manager of the two players who now try to leave the country. The legend is well known in the cricket circles for playing covert double games,” the source said.

Earlier, Sri Lanka all-rounder moved to the USA this year with his family. He also informed SLC that he would not take part in any international or domestic assignment anymore. Former Sri Lanka cricketer Dilhara Fernando also took a similar route earlier.

Advertisement
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisement -