Who is the current owner of KKR team in IPL?

KKR has won the IPL title twice.

Shahrukh Khan KKR
Shahrukh Khan. (Image Credits: Instagram)
Advertisement

Who could forget the opening game of the inaugural season of the IPL involving the Kolkata Knight Riders? That game laid the foundation of the most successful T20 franchise on the planet that grew by leaps and bounds with each passing season.

Based in the city of Kolkata, the Knight Riders play at the iconic Eden Gardens. The franchise has emerged as the champions two times in the mega-league in 2012 and 2014. They also finished as the runners-up in the IPL 2021.

Advertisement

The official theme of the Kolkata Knight Riders is Korbo, Lorbo, Jeetbo Re (we will perform, fight, and win) and the official colours of their jersey are purple and gold. Over the seasons, many legendary cricketers like Sourav Ganguly, Chris Gayle, Brendon McCullum, Jacques Kallis, and Gautam Gambhir have represented the franchise.

Kolkata Knight Riders Owner Details

Team NameKolkata Knight Riders
Owner(s)Red Chillies Entertainment and Mehta Group
CEO/Team ManagerVenky Mysore
CaptainShreyas Iyer
CoachN/A

Who is the owner of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)?

The Kolkata Knight Riders are owned by Knight Riders Sports Private Limited, a company co-owned by Red Chillies Entertainment and Mehta Group. The Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan owns Red Chillies Entertainment, while his good friend Juhi Chawla and her businessman husband Jay Mehta own the Mehta Group.

Red Chillies Entertainments holds the 55% share of the team, while the Mehta group holds the remaining 45%. Shahrukh Khan’s children Aryan Khan and Suhana Khan could be seen in stadiums during the team’s games and they were also a part of the KKR’s table during the auction. Meanwhile, Jay Mehta and Juhi Chawla’s daughter, Jhanvi Mehta also attended the IPL auction in 2022.

Advertisement

Read More: Who is the current owner of RCB team in IPL?

Kolkata Knight Riders Team Brand Value – How much do Kolkata Knight Riders’ owners earn?

According to Forbes, Kolkata Knight Riders are valued at $1.1 billion and they are the third-most valued franchise in the Indian Premier League. In 2022, the team had revenue of $41.2 million. Moreover, the Kolkata-based franchise also registered an operating income of $14.1 million.

Read More: Who is the current owner of LSG team in IPL?

Advertisement